Definition of Personal Information and Activity of its Protection
SAGAMI ELEC Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "SAGAMI ELEC") shall define that personal information means information about individuals, including the name, birth date and other descriptions about them, or a number, symbol, code, image or sound assigned to them, that identifies the individuals (it shall also include the information that cannot identify individuals by itself, but can, as it easily can be verified with some other information.) In addition, it shall not be limited to personal identifiers, but shall include any information that indicates a fact, recognition and assessment about the attribute of individuals, including a physical characteristic, property, occupation or status.
- Responding to request from Concerned Persons about their retained personal data by voluntarily stopping its use, etc., such as stopping the sending of direct mail to the Concerned Person.
- Whether information is entrusted to others or not, promoting the clarification of outside processing, such as clarifying the details of work done outside the business by outsourcers.
- Clarifying the purpose of use more to the Concerned Persons through activities such as the business voluntarily limiting the purpose of use based on the selections of the Concerned Persons or the business limiting and showing the purpose of use by type with consideration to the details of the work.
- Specifying as concretely as possible the source personal information was acquired from and the method of acquisition (the type of acquisition source, etc.) on the procedures to meet requests for disclosure and others.
Handling Policy of Personal Information - Collection/Usage Purpose and Provision to Third Party
In relation to SAGAMI ELEC's main business activities for electronic parts manufacturing and the information service, SAGAMI ELEC will collect and use personal information only to achieve each purpose.
- Execution of a contract concluded between SAGAMI ELEC and a customer.
- Contacts for business negotiations and meetings with a customer.
- Delivery of after-sales service on products, and sending of information on events and new products.
- Execution of business, including system development, operation and maintenance, entrusted by customers.
- Delivery of various membership services.
- Affairs of stocks.
- Response to various inquiries from a customer.
- Analysis based on questionnaires to improve products and services.
- Provision of personal information to the group company in case of co-operation with them.
When SAGAMI ELEC requires a person to provide the personal information as is written in a document directly from the person, SAGAMI ELEC will clearly state the purpose of the use beforehand to obtain the consent.
SAGAMI ELEC will not provide the personal information with a third party without first obtaining consent of the person, except in the following cases:
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is based on laws
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is especially necessary for improving public hygiene or promoting the sound growth of children and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is necessary for cooperating with a state institution, a local public body, or an individual or entity entrusted by one in executing the operations prescribed by laws and in which obtaining the consent of the person might impede the execution of the operations concerned
- Cases in which an entry handling personal information entrust the handling of personal information in whole or in part within the scope necessary for the achievement of the Purpose of Use
- Case in which personal information is provided as a result of the take-over of business in a merger or otherwise
- When required to do so for business activities in which SAGAMI ELEC is co-operating with the group companies, SAGAMI ELEC may provide such group companies with personal information such as a name, workplace or home addresses, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, etc. If this is the case, the personal information will be provided in print or electronic media. In addition, the person may request us to stop the provision of the personal information with the group companies.
- In relation to SAGAMI ELEC's main business activities for electronic parts manufacturing and the information service, SAGAMI ELEC will collect and use personal information only to achieve each purpose.
The access information collected by cookies and web beacons cannot, by itself, identify any users. However, if you do not wish for us to collect any information using cookies and web beacons, you can refuse by configuring your Internet browser software (browser). Should you do so, please note that some features of the Website may be disabled.
When a person wants to request to disclose, correct, add, delete, stop usage, stop provision to a third party, or notify the purpose of usage of his/her personal information (hereinafter referred to as "disclose and so on") held by SAGAMI ELEC, or wants to raise complaints, the person is requested to follow the following procedures:
- Request to disclose personal information that a person submitted to a SAGAMI ELEC's sales department. Please contact the relevant sales department.
- Request to disclose personal information that a person submitted through our web site. Please contact the department that manages the relevant web site.
- While most of SAGAMI ELEC's services can be used without the personal information, please note that some services are only available with the submission of the personal information.
- Please note that SAGAMI ELEC is not responsible for the security of personal information in any non-SAGAMI ELEC web site whose link is included in the SAGAMI ELEC's web site.
- If a person enters the personal information into the SAGAMI ELEC's website, he or she is required to agree upon the provisions in this document, "About Personal Information Protection", otherwise you may not use our services (including response to inquiries). Also, if you are aged at 18 or younger, please enter the personal information with the consent of a parent or guardian.
- Our personal information protection policy shall be in accordance with the laws of Japan.
- SAGAMI ELEC may revise this document, "About Personal Information Protection," to improve the handling of personal information and/or due to the revision of laws or ordinances, or other rules or regulations.
- The implementation of this document, "About Personal Information Protection," shall be after the issued date (or revised date).
If you have any questions about this web site ("About Personal Information Protection") except Section 5 (Request to Disclose Personal Information or Raising Complaints), please contact us using the following "Inquiry Form" or by mail.
If you submit us any inquiries or opinions, we would like you to carefully read and agree on the terms stipulated in this document, otherwise please note that we may not answer the inquiry.
Any personal information you submit us will be deleted, as we answer your inquiry, and we will not hold it.